Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pillow cover


The red heart website has got so many free patterns to try my hands on both knitting and crochet.
I wanted to try on this pillow cover as a start. though its has not come out as clean as the original pattern, I was happy that I could make something similar to the original.

For the pattern please click http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/mod-striped-pillows
 For the pattern I used
For the front side of the pillow cover
Center :

Ch 16 stitches and
Row 1-Single Crochet make symmetrical squares for 25rows. For the left and right hand side pick 50 stitches and SC. Continue same number of rows as original.

For the back of the pillow cover,
First half
Center
Ch 16 stitches and SC each row for 17 rows. For the left and right side pick 35 stitches and SC . Continue same number of rows as the original
Second half
Center
Ch 16 stitches and SC for 8 rows. For the left and right side pick 15 stitches and SC. Continue the same number of rows as original.

Now join the front and the twoback pieces.

This is the first time I am writing pattern for crochet. Please pardon if its not understandable.




No comments:

Post a Comment