Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Deepam, Diya, Light

For only one more week for Deepavali (Diwali), the festival of lights, I purchased these diyas from a street shop and painted it to my taste.



These are very simple DIY projects and everyone can do it. All you need is some paint and paint brush.

How to do it?
Soak these mud lamps in water for atleast half a day and dry it completely, The next day start coloring.
The deepams at different stage of drying


Colors are something which everyone can play with and on deepams (diyas), they look even pretty and beautiful. These are just a beginning and I am going to collect even more designed deepams (diyas) and going to decorate my home.

In our tradition deepams (diyas) are lite more during the tamil month of Karthigai (sometime from mid of Nov- mid of Dec) than Deepavali. But for me, all I need is reasons to light these beautiful lamps :).

So friends who read this post, this is a simple DIY project. So do it and enjoy your Deepavali (Diwali).

Have a safe, prosporus, colorful, pattaka filled Deepavali.

From
Pursue your hobby

No comments:

Post a Comment