Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Festival and Lights

With the days getting busier and busier, I am simply loving it. This time is going to be there only till Feb and all the festivals and celebrations for next year is going to start only after August. So I want to take full care to make my festivals special.

Yesterday was Karthigai Deepam and I have a very special reason to love this festival. The house is completely filled with Deepams (Diyas) and the light gives a very beautiful touch and feel to the house. The hand damped in oil for hours arranging these deepams and decorating the entrance with traditional rangoli. Yes, traditional rangoli where the rice is soaked for hours, grind to paste and fill the front entrance of the house with our own imagination. This time, I chose the concept of deepams as a border for my rangoli.


Following the entrance, the entire house will be decorated with deepams. With no noise, pollution, or disturbance to the environment, this festival has its own goodness mother nature. Lighting the deepam I decorated gives an extra happiness. So I love this festival a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment